HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION
Current as of July 19, 2021
WIO places a high importance on facilitating measures that will ensure optimal health and sanitary conditions for everyone onsite during the event. WIO is working with the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island to follow all recommendations for in-person events from local health districts, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
WIO will be making the following changes to the meeting:
- Adjusting the layout of all meeting rooms to adhere to current physical distancing guidelines. These changes to room capacity may result in:
- Limited capacity in Skills labs and breakout sessions
- Traffic restrictions of the exhibit hall
- Providing individually portioned items for meals and breaks when possible.
- Health screening questions will be asked at badge pickup.
- Additional changes may be announced as more information becomes available regarding meeting industry standards and/or local and state guidelines.
- Food preparation workers will strictly adhere to the highest level of sanitary practices.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the hotel in high traffic areas, including the front desk, concierge desk, and at restaurant entrances.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations will be placed in open areas throughout the hotel, including the event space.
- Public Area Attendants in event space restrooms to wipe down common-touch areas with sanitizing solution during high-volume times.
- Main restroom doors will remain open during break and meal times, to limit the contact with doors as much as possible.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- All employees have their temperature checked at the door prior to coming to work. Any hotel staff showing symptoms of illness will not be permitted to work, regardless of their position or role in the hotel.
- Disposable, one-time use plastic ware, plastic straws, plastic cups and wrapped plastic ware are used throughout the hotel wherever practical.
- For group meals, silverware used will be served securely wrapped in sanitized cotton napkins.
- Mobile check in is available via the Bonvoy app. The app can also act as your room key for contactless entry into your guest room.
- All air filters for the property’s HVAC system have just been replaced and upgraded to MERV11.
What if someone falls ill
- If a hotel guest falls ill, they will be directed back to their room to self-quarantine. The hotel’s Loss Prevention team will be contacted and will expedite getting appropriate medical assistance to the guest.
- In the event of a guest with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, their guest room will be removed from service to undergo a specific cleaning protocol. The guest room will not be returned to service until the room has been disinfected, and consistent with the guidance issued by local health authorities
See more about what you can expect to experience at the property here:
Marriott’s Commitment to Clean
See more about Marriott’s “Commitment to Clean” program on their website: https://clean.marriott.com/
DESTINATION & TRAVEL INFORMATION
Jacksonville Airport (JAX):
The Jacksonville Aviation Authority (JAA) is launching “JAX Airport Cares” enhanced protective measures for the well-being of travelers:
- Frequent cleaning of high-touch areas throughout the terminal
- Stand-alone and wall-mounted hand sanitizers
- Electrostatic fogger disinfection
- Economy lot closures to prevent potential spread on shuttle buses and price reduction in garages and daily surfaces parking
- Plexiglass barriers at ticketing, information desk and gates
- Constantly encourage social distancing
- Mandatory temperature checks for JAA employees
- Reduced seating at restaurants and food courts
- Increased fresh air due to adjustments in air conditioning units
- Hand sanitizer stations have been placed around the island in high traffic areas and at entrances to the beach, near public bathrooms.
See more about the destination here: