Why Join Women in Ophthalmology?
- Opportunities to be recognized through WIO’s Award Program
- Podium opportunities with WIO’s Speaker Resource Center
- Become a power player with access to AAO’s Leadership Development and Advocacy Ambassador Programs
- Participate in WIO symposia, committee, community, and public services activities
- Opportunities to teach, mentor, and utilize your leadership skills
- Reduced rates at special functions and online access to meeting content
- 10% discount on Medical Malpractice Insurance Premiums with OMIC
Interested in joining WIO?
Learn about WIO Membership
Our Mission Statement
Women in Ophthalmology was founded to enhance and improve the professional environment for women ophthalmologists. WIO encourages diversity, impartiality, and economic parity, and strives to cultivate new opportunities for leadership, education, and public service in the field of ophthalmology for ourselves and future generations.