2019 Summer Symposium
Women in Ophthalmology (WIO) is pleased to invite you to attend its 2019 Summer Symposium, which will take place at the Coeur D’Alene Resort in Coeur D’Alene, Idaho, August 22 – 25, 2019.Click Here To Register!
The WIO Summer Symposium offers something unique that no other meeting does: A curated meeting for women offering “the best of the best” content in all subjects of importance to women ophthalmologists. Nowhere else will attendees find so many dynamic speakers and specialized educational content in a collegial atmosphere designed specifically for women. This is a must-attend event!
REGISTRATIONClick Here To Register!
|Registration Type||Early Registration |
|Standard Registration |
|Child Ticket (12 & under)||$100||$100||$100|
Attendee registration includes entry to the Thursday night Welcome Reception, breakfast and lunch on Friday and Saturday, as well as breakfast on Sunday. Your registration also includes the Closing Reception and access to all Live Well sessions.
Cancellation Policy: Refund of registration fees minus a $30 administration fee may be applied for, in writing before July 22, 2019. Notice of cancellation must be emailed to [email protected]
WIO’s housing block at the Coeur D’Alene Resort is currently full. You may request to be placed on a wait list managed by WIO’s Executive Office by writing to [email protected]. WIO staff will contact you in request order if the resort has cancellations within the WIO block.
In the meantime, please do not delay in booking your housing elsewhere. There are several 3 and 4 star accommodations nearby. Please click the link below to view an alternate housing list. WIO has not contracted with the hotels listed on this document. Please contact the hotels directly for rates and availability.*
*Please note that the Best Western Plus Coeur D’Alene Inn is a sister property to the Coeur d’Alene Resort, and may have shuttle service to and from the resort available. Please contact them directly for additional information.
Coeur d’Alene Resort Information
The Coeur d’Alene Resort provides the perfect environment for professional development and networking. The property is located in the town of Coeur D’Alene, a beautiful lakeside community in Northern Idaho just 35 miles from Spokane International Airport.
WIO has secured a discounted rate for all Summer Symposium registrants. The group rates range from $209 per night to $249 per night for standard rooms depending on room type selected, and $289 for suites. The additional resort fee for WIO attendees is waived.
A reservation link to book your room at the WIO discounted rate is sent in a confirmation email after your registration is processed. The deadline to reserve your room is July 21, 2019, while rooms are still available. If you’re unable to book the nights you need, please refer to the alternate housing list linked above and choose the option that works best for you.
Getting to the Meeting
The Coeur D’Alene Resort
115 S 2nd St
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83814
- Traveling by Air: The Coeur d’Alene Resort is located 40 minutes east of Spokane International Airport, offering nonstop or one-stop access from most major US and Canadian cities.
- Airport Ground Transportation:
- Rental Car Agencies: Spokane Airport has eight rental car agencies to choose from. WIO has confirmed a self-parking rate of $18/night for WIO attendees at The Coeur D’Alene Resort. Click here for more information on available agencies.
- The Coeur D’Alene Resort Shuttle: Hotel shuttle service is available to WIO attendees at a rate of $69 per person for round trip transportation (driver gratuity not included). Click here to get more information and to schedule service.
- Regional Limo, Bus and Shuttles: Multiple options for public or private transportation to and from the airport are available. Click Here for more information.
- The Coeur D’Alene Taxi: The Coeur D’Alene Taxi company can be reached at this number to arrange for taxi service: 208.446.4797. A full list of taxis that service the Spokane Airport can be found here.
- Traveling by Car
- The Coeur d’Alene Resort is easy to reach by automobile via Interstate 90 (Exit 11) or Highway 95 (Northwest Blvd). From the exit, follow the directions to downtown and watch for the Resort on your right. Click Here for the Google Map link to the Resort.
- Golf Club Shipping
- Bringing your golf clubs to the meeting? Ship to the Coeur D’Alene Resort Golf Course and avoid airline fees and hassle. Click here for more information.
EXHIBIT & CORPORATE SUPPORT
Women in Ophthalmology offers numerous exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities for organizations to reach a targeted group of women ophthalmologists, residents and fellows. As a sponsor and/or exhibitor, your company will be recognized for your support of women in ophthalmology.
View the Sponsorship Prospectus and contact the WIO Executive Office with your inquiries. We look forward to receiving your application and partnering with you this year!
Exhibitor Cancellation Policy: Refunds will be provided, less a $500 administration fee, if exhibitors cancel their participation by July 1, 2019. No refunds will be provided after July 1st.
Thank you to all who submitted an abstract this year. We received a record number of submissions! Acceptance notices will be sent by the first week in June, and poster instructions and assignments will be sent soon after. Stay tuned!
The WIO symposia may be archived and made available on the WIO website after the meeting. All participants are required to submit a Financial Disclosure form to the WIO Executive Office. Click here to download the Financial Disclosure form. Remember to include a financial disclosure slide at the beginning of your presentation. Each oral presenter will be sent audio-visual instructions closer to the meeting date.
Poster tours will take place during the breaks on Friday and Saturday. There will be two poster sessions. You may view the poster legend and schedule by clicking here.