Join us to gain knowledge, visibility and to affect change.
Want to find a speaker?
Search by name, sub-specialty, and geography.
Want to be a speaker?
WIO members submit your profile here.
The only meeting of its kind – the Summer Symposium effortlessly joins top rated scientific and medical education with professional and personal development sessions.
Life is a series of transitions. Post job openings, find potential candidates, and search openings.
Current news and events affecting your world.
Choose Your Own Adventure: 6 Tips for Career and Life Fulfillment
I was inspired by the JAMA article “The Other Generation” to think about what matters to me in my career and in my life. In…
I can’t get over the number of young energetic women at this meeting! Kudos to all the work you’ve done to move WIO forward. It’s as relevant as ever to give women a special place where they can be reaffirmed and reassured. This is the safe place where that can happen. Keep up the great and important work you all do. I’m a big fan!
Stay Connected on Facebook
We’re sharing the best articles on leadership, surgical and therapeutic knowledge, and fun. Discover your best professional and personal self.
Why Join Women in Ophthalmology?
- Increase opportunities to be recognized through WIO’s Award Program
- Increase podium opportunities with WIO’s Speaker Resource Center
- Become a power player with access to AAO’s Leadership Development and Advocacy Ambassador Programs
- Participate in WIO symposia, committee, community, and public services activities
- Opportunities to teach, mentor, and utilize your leadership skills
- Reduced rates at special functions and online access to meeting content
- 10% discount on Medical Malpractice Insurance Premiums with OMIC