- Provide a local forum for the personal and professional development of WIO members
- Provide an opportunity to develop leadership, managerial, public speaking and group decision-making skills
- A structure to develop a pool of local, female ophthalmologic leaders to discuss new legislation, issues of importance and other common challenges
- Affiliate with the national association for the purpose of advancing the WIO mission
Complete the chapter application form:
Benefits & Value of WIO Chapters
Chapters promote the Women in Ophthalmology mission at the local level and encourage active member participation by making activities more accessible. Members are encouraged to participate in areas of interest and concern to female ophthalmologists.
- Women in Ophthalmology: Oregon
- Women in Ophthalmology: Iowa
- Women in Ophthalmology: Puerto Rico
- Women in Ophthalmology: Philadelphia
- Women in Ophthalmology: Western Canada
- Women in Ophthalmology: Ocular Oncology
- Women in Ophthalmology: Society of India
- Women in Ophthalmology: Egypt
- Women in Ophthalmology: Nepal
Chapter Requirements and Regulations
- Each chapter shall promote the spirit and goals of WIO.
- Chapter names will consist of WIO and the name of the chapter city (ie: Women in Ophthalmology: Seattle Chapter). If the chapter has existed independently prior to becoming a chapter, Women in Ophthalmology: will be added to the beginning of the existing name.
- All chapter members must be members of WIO.
- Chapters must have an Executive Committee consisting at a minimum of a president and also may include a vice-president, and secretary/treasurer. The executive committee is responsible for adhering to all WIO chapter guidelines.
- Chapters shall not collect dues.
- Chapters may hold local events, but these should not be held 2 weeks prior or 2 weeks after the WIO summer symposium (typically held in August). Chapters may charge registration for their events with a member and non-member rate. The chapter executive committee is responsible for budgets, fees, and expenses for all chapter events. WIO membership forms should be present for non-members who want to join WIO and the chapter.
- Each chapter should inform the national association of its mailing address and primary email address.
- Each chapter is required to complete a brief electronic annual report of their chapter activities and provide a chapter member roster at year-end.